So I know I said my 200th post would be a giveaway, but I was also crunched for time to get my New Year’s Resolutions done for Sprite’s Keeper’s Spin Cycle. So without further delay here goes…..
1. The dreaded weight loss….. It’s time! I’ve let it go too far, so I’m gonna stop procrastinating and get my butt on the weight loss wagon.
2. Get myself more active and get back into running. I have a few girlfriends who’d like to do it with me so hopefully that’ll help keep me motivated.
3. Get back to gardening. We had a pretty good vegetable garden going and then we kindof neglected it (that’s putting it mildly). Ooops!
4. Spend more time with hubby! We haven’t had a lot of time to do things as a family or just the two of us because he’s been working a lot to keep us afloat in this crappy economy so I definitely plan to work on that this year.
5. I’m think I finally know what I wanna be when I grow up. I’ve always known I wanted to do something in the social service area so I’m going pursue that this year.
6. I’ve always loved the theater so I’m going to take in a few plays this year be it with hubby or some girlfriends.
7. I would like to go to D.C. to take Meggers to see the Capitol. I’d love to go in March, but shooting for March next year.
8. Spend more time focusing on the positive aspects of my life vs. the negative.
9. If there are any family member reading, right now is when you might want to skip a line or two, hubby will definitely be happy about this one. HAVE MORE SEX!!!!!
10. Say no to soda and invest in a brita or pur filter to do my part in when it comes to the environment.
11. Get my hubby to FINALLY finish my back splash in the kitchen. He doesn’t have to complete every item on his honey do list, but if he wants # 9 to happen that one’s a must.
So hopefully I’ll stay on track, keep popping in to see if I do, okay I know saying that is just a ploy to keep readers but I’m not above a shameless attempt to draw you in.
14 thoughts on “A New Year, A New Me… Hopefully!”
Great resolutions! I hope this is a fabulous new year for you and your family. 😀
The Diet Industry is lying-in-wait for you! Don’t let them get you, or rather don’t let them get your money! I hope that more and more people who make a New Year’s resolution to lose weight will just spend some time thinking about how they can improve their own diet, as it’s more likely to work in the long-term, and it doesn’t cost anything!
Goodfather ~ Thanks! Same to you luv.
Chebarbz ~ I agree! I don’t buy into diet fads and definitely can’t afford them..lol This will definitely be done by me changing my own eating habits and getting back to being a bit more active. Thanks for stopping by!
Great resolutions. I gave up soda too and my headache does not appreciate it! Your list is very positive, I think I may steal some of them for mine. Good luck with these and Happy New Year!
Wonderful resolutions! I think John would want to see #9 on my list too…
I also like the Capitol idea! I would to wait until Sprite is a better age cuz all she cares about right now is if Mickey comes dancing down the Capitol steps than which statue is where.
ohh number 9 is a MUST DO!!!!!
i have not made any resolutions this year. i don’t think i wanna. cos i never keep to it *giggles*
happy new year!
Good luck this year getting them all accomplished. I could probably add #8 to my list, I spend far too much time brooding over the half empty glass. I’d have to add #9 for the husband though…
Well hello! Great list of resolutions! The one I’m most excited about? That you’ve decided what you want to be when you grow up. What a feeling, huh? Congrats for you. Also, I’m jealous that you have lady friends that want to jog with you. I’m a solitary jogger and it’s lonely going out there.
I think your resolutions sound great. We took our oldest daughter to D.C. last year. It was my first visit, too. You will absolutely love it!
Good resolutions, all of them. I started drinking water last year and it makes a big difference. It sounds like hubby is going to have a good year too, at least once he gets that backsplash done.
The sex one is cracking me up. But shhh…I’m there too. And I want to spend more time with my husband, so those two will work well together. Of course I want to lose weight and am already on that journey. I just need to keep going!
I also want to become more financial secure this year and stop buying on credit! Argh!
I had #9 on my list too. It was about #9 on my list, too, until I remembered that my husband reads my blog. Then I moved it to #1. Well, gotta keep Daddy happy, ya know?
Good on you sis! I know you can do ALL of them! Hugs xxx
PS Where is be nicer to my big sis on your list? And, babysit my nephews more?
Excellent resolutions! I like number 9, too, of course! LOL